Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Loving Hut

I went to Loving Hut again today and ordered some items "to go".  I fully support 100% Vegan restaurants. I noticed the ingredients of most items consist mainly of soy. They offer a wide selection of Asian Food and also offer a "Western Specialties" section of the menu which includes hamburger and sandwiches. To view the menu at their San Diego location, click here.

The menu for Loving Hut varies at different locations (they may offer some dishes at one place and not on another place). I must also say, their Thai Ice Tea was UBER tasty!! I ordered their Pho last weekend. It was satisfying, but at the same time, it didn't live up to the hype. Regardless, here are some of their delicious Vegan food!

Pandan Cake

Spicy Cha Cha: soy "shrimp" served with brown rice

Cheese bread

Tiramisu

Closer look at the soy "shrimp"

Cheesecake

Vegan food is so scrumptious! Loving Hut was inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai. A book called, "From Crisis to Peace", written by Supreme Master Ching Hai, was placed on top of each table at the restaurant and anyone could take it home if they wished. I took it home and read about 70% of the book. I had never heard of her before, so I did some research on Supreme Master Ching Hai and found that although she has dedicated her time to charity and humanitarianism, some "controversies" exist surrounding this individual. I have yet to do more research on the matter...

Anyway, i suggest if you come across a Loving Hut, to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment